The Baby Safe Program Deluxe Package offers you all the features of the Baby Safe Program in one package.
The Baby Safe Program Deluxe Package combines hands-on learning in a small group class, virtual learning (live and interactive with Dr Rose), video resources and online learning.
The Baby Safe Deluxe package includes:
Module 1: Safe Sleeping (face-to-face or virtual)
Module 2: Recognising and responding to an unwell baby- small group class (face-to-face)
Module 3: Baby Basic Life Support (Baby CPR) & Baby First Aid- hands-on, skills-based class (face-to-face)
Baby Safe Program video series and online learning platform (One year unlimited access)
- Baby First Aid/ Baby Basic Life Support fridge magnets (Baby CPR and choking management)
- Baby Safety Resource pack
The class is taught in a small group class, limited to 7 couples. The class is held at Prahran High School, in High Street, Windsor (Victoria) on weekends.
Cost: $198 per single attendee or $395 per couple (inclusive of 10% GST)
(Total value $495 per couple if the 3 classes and videos were purchased separately)
Course Duration: 7.25 hours
- 2 hours virtual or face-to-face class (Module 1)
- 3.25 hours face-to-face class (Modules 2 & 3)
- 2 hours of self-directed e-learning, videos and self-tests (online)
- One-year unlimited access to the video series via our e-learning platform
The Baby Basic Life Support (CPR) & Baby First Aid class is a hands-on, face-to-face, skills-based class. This class is for babies 0-12 months of age.
Topics and skills covered:
- When to call 000 for an ambulance
- Baby cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Baby CPR)
- Management of choking on milk
- Management of choking on food
- Febrile convulsions
- Button battery ingestion
- Prevention of drowning- bath and water safety
- Allergic reactions
Your package includes:
Baby Basic Life Support (Baby CPR) & Baby First Aid- small group class (face-to-face)
Baby Basic Life Support fridge magnets (Baby CPR and Management of choking)
Baby Basic Life Support Video Series
- Baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation)
- Management of choking
Baby Safety Resource pack
- Red Nose: Safe Sleeping brochure
- Red Nose: Supine is Safest infographic and information sheet
- Recognising an unwell baby handout
- Bath and water safety checklist
- Kids Safe Australia- A Parent Guide to Kidsafe Homes (PDF)
- Button Battery Awareness Brochure
- List of websites and mobile phone applications for baby first aid
The class is taught in a small group, limited to 7 couples. The class is held at Prahran High School, in High Street, Windsor (Victoria) on weekends and one Thursday evening per month.
Cost: $85 per single attendee or $165 per couple (Inclusive of 10% GST)
(Total value $230 per couple if the class, videos and fridge magnets were purchased separately)
Course Duration: 2 hours and 15 minutes
The Safe Sleeping- Small group class combines evidence-based information about safe sleep practices, hand-on skills practice, e-learning and videos.
Topics and skills covered:
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI), including SIDS
- How to create a safe sleep environment for your newborn baby
- Safe wrapping (swaddling) for sleep and to promote normal hip development
- Use of a safe sleeping bag
- The importance of avoiding over-heating (thermal stress)
- Dressing your baby for safe sleep
- Bedding and bedding amount
- Room temperature
- Cot or bassinet- which is recommended and why
- Use of baby slings and carriers
- Car seats, car capsules and car travel
- How to determine which nursery products are safe for your baby
- Nursery products that are unsafe for babies, are not recommended, and can pose a risk of SUDI, including SIDS ('cot death')
Demonstration and hands-on practice of techniques to safely wrap (swaddle) a newborn for sleep and to promote normal hip development. Each attendee will have their own baby (manikin) to practice on.
All participants receive:
Red Nose: Safe Sleeping brochure
Red Nose: Supine is Safest infographic and information sheet
One-year unlimited access to the Safe Sleeping e-learning module, including the Safe Sleeping Video series, which includes:
- Safe sleeping to reduce the risk of SUDI, including SIDS
- Safe swaddling (wrapping) and use of a safe sleeping bag
This class is taught in a small group class, limited to 7 couples at Prahran High School, Windsor (Victoria).
Cost: $80 per person, or $160 per couple
(Inclusive of 10% GST)
(Total value $210 per couple- you save $50 per couple)
- 2 hours face-to-face class plus
- 1.5 hours online learning
- One-year unlimited access to the e-learning module including the video series
Are you looking for a Baby Shower present for a friend or family member expecting a baby? Why not give a precious gift: a gift that could save a life.
Purchase a gift voucher for any of our Small Group Baby Safe Programs.
- Baby Safe Deluxe Package for $200 per person ($395 for a couple)
- Baby Basic Life Support- Small Group class for $85 per person ($165 for a couple)
- Safe Sleeping- Small Group class for $80 per person ($160 for a couple)
Our gift vouchers can be used for a year.
Please contact us at Precious Care to purchase or enquire about a gift voucher.
Attendance at a Baby Safe Program Deluxe Package or a Baby Basic Life Support Small Group Class does not lead to a professional qualification or a certification of competency in basic life support or infant resuscitation. Nor can it prevent the sudden and/or unexpected death of a newborn baby, older infant, or child.
These classes have been designed to share the best available evidence and current recommendations from Expert Advisory Groups. Occasionally, your Paediatrician or other Health Care Provider may give you alternative advice based on your baby's individual circumstances.
Whilst appreciable care has been taken in the preparation of all training material, Precious Care Australia Pty Ltd shall not be held responsible for any act or omission which may result in injury or death to any baby, infant or child as a result of reliance on this training material.